Friday, February 23, 2007

Waters of March

Hey there readers, Josh here. I'm the other half of the All-Pop juggernaut. This week is the first installment of our weekly Friday music video thing where I will be linking to our latest youtube finds. I plan on showing all sorts of cool, out of the way stuff. You'll never know what you're going to see, except that you can be sure that everything's gonna have that wacky, kitschy, turbocool All-Pop.com aesthetic that we know and love. If you like our merchandise, then check out these vids!

Our first offering is serious and highbrow. We found two spectacular versions of "The Waters of March" by Antonio Carlos "Tom" Jobim. Damn, we love this song.



The first version above sung by Elis Regina strikes me as being as close to perfect as can be. Even without knowing Portuguese, you get the feeling that Regina's got a lock on each bittersweet, heartbreaking passage.



The next version is an upbeat, playful rendition by Regina plus Tom Jobimhimself. What can you say? This is just such an amazing audiovisual artifact. From the brilliant performance to the cool 1970's era production values, I was so impressed when I first found this video that I watched it several times a day for about a week straight. We hope you enjoy it too!

No comments: